Two ‘Hotel Staff’ Found Dead In Owerri | Independent Newspapers Limited
Newsletter subscribe


Two ‘Hotel Staff’ Found Dead In Owerri

Posted: May 9, 2015 at 4:03 am   /   by   /   comments (0)

By Anolu Vincent –  Snr Correspondent, Owerri


Tragedy struck Friday in Owerri,  the Imo State capital as two staffers of a popular hotel at Oguamanam Street aka Best Home Hotel were found dead in their rooms for what was suspected to be food poisoning.

Saturday Independent reliably gathered that the deceased Chima Nnadi from Aboh Mbaise Council Area of the state and his bosom friend Chukwunonso Ebubealor from Awka in Anambra state had taken the deadly dinner about 11pm the previous night and that around  12am that Chima had switch of the Generating Set and had soaked his clothes which he had intended to wash the following morning in a bucket before finally retiring for the night.

According to the manager of the Hotel  who simply gave his name as Ngozi narrated that around 6 Am that some of the staff of the Hotel had told him that the deceased were yet to wake from their sleep and that he just came around thinking that it was one of their pranks. However, he said that when he used a long stick to poke Chima through the window that he was surprised that he was already stiff and that he had to contact the Director of the Hotel, Pastor Bernard Abana who instructed that the door of the room be broken and that the security agents be contacted.

“We had to break down the doors of the room where they were sleeping as it was locked from  inside and I had to alert the police about the situation who came and take the corpses to the Federal Medical Centre.

When our correspondent visited the Hotel, sympathizers were seen discussing the unfortunate incident in low tunes.

One of the residents described one of the deceased Chima who he said was a student of Federal Polytechnic Nekede  Owerri as a hard working young man and that he had seen the previous night before he learnt of the shocking news in the morning.