No Offer For Pedro Yet –Bartomeu | Independent Newspapers Limited
Newsletter subscribe


No Offer For Pedro Yet –Bartomeu

Posted: Jul 24, 2015 at 2:12 am   /   by   /   comments (0)

Barcelona president Josep Bartomeu says the club have received no offers for Spain forward Pedro.

The 27-year-old is reportedly a summer target for Manchester United, with manager Louis van Gaal supposedly keen to bolster his attacking options following the departures of Robin van Persie and Radamel Falcao.

But Bartomeu has moved to dampen talk of an imminent move away from the Nou Camp for Pedro and insists an interested club will need to activate the frontman’s £22m buy-out clause.

“We have not received any offers for any player. I refer back to what head coach Luis Enrique said: If someone wants to sign our players then the release clause must be met. So far, no one has made an offer, so we are calm,” the 52-year-old said.

Pedro joined Barcelona in 2004 as a 17-year-old and progressed through the youth ranks into the first team. He has made 318 appearances scoring 98 times during an era of unprecedented success for the club, which has delivered five La Liga titles and three Champions Leagues.

Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez and Neymar were manager Luis Enrique’s first-choice front line last season, however, and Pedro’s involvement in the first-team in the upcoming campaign would appear limited.