FG Makes U-turn on Sale of Assets | Independent Newspapers Limited
Newsletter subscribe

Latest News

FG Makes U-turn on Sale of Assets

Buhari, change campaign
Posted: Sep 28, 2016 at 7:19 pm   /   by   /   comments (21)

* Proposed Asset Sales, Mere Speculations – Lai Muhammed

* Approves National Water Policy, Others

Innocent Oweh

Abuja – Barely 48 hours after the upper legislative chamber of the National Assembly unanimously rejected the proposed sale of national assets, the Federal Executive Council (FEC) rose from its meeting on Wednesday and rescinded its decision to dispose of the assets.

Government had in view of the current economic recession indicated plans to sell off some of the nation’s critical assets to bail out the country, especially on the need to meet the budget deficit for 2016.

The president’s economic management team (EMT) in conjunction with the ministry of budget and national planning were working on plan to generate immediate larger injection of fund into the economy through asset sales, advance payment of license renewals, infrastructure concessioning and use of recovered funds to reduce funding gaps in the budget implementation to which the national economic council (NEC) had earlier endorsed.

Alhaji Lai Muhammed, minister of information and culture, and Suleiman Adamu, his water resources counterpart, briefed State House correspondents on the outcome of the meeting,which was presided over by President Muhammadu Buhari.

Muhammed said news about the sale of assets were in the realm of speculations.

Details later…

Comments (21)

• Ignatius Anguum Audu Sep 28, 2016 at 10:28 pm Ignatius Anguum Audu

• Hussaie Mustapha Kanemboy Sep 28, 2016 at 10:05 pm Hussaie Mustapha Kanemboy

Problems ‘re only opportunities in work cloths.74

• Hope Nduka Sep 28, 2016 at 9:40 pm Hope Nduka

Nooo make una sell ooo..

• Ebi Zibor Sep 28, 2016 at 9:11 pm Ebi Zibor

We have lost our way Well I’m sorry for Nigeria

• Sanni Debonsky Sep 28, 2016 at 8:51 pm Sanni Debonsky

Why? I want to buy Aso Rock .Pls how much? Monkeys!

• Adegwu Obuo Sep 28, 2016 at 8:45 pm Adegwu Obuo

I thought they were going to override the public opinion on the assets selling.

• Prince Fesor Sep 28, 2016 at 8:41 pm Prince Fesor

Thanks FGN

• Martins Okpor Iyamu Sep 28, 2016 at 8:24 pm Martins Okpor Iyamu

I love my president he is always hearken to hearing

• Oluwatobi Ilupeju Sep 28, 2016 at 8:24 pm Oluwatobi Ilupeju

• Okezie Collins Sep 28, 2016 at 8:14 pm Okezie Collins

Akamu president

• Michael Andrew Sep 28, 2016 at 8:00 pm Michael Andrew

TESTIMONY÷TESTI MONY÷TESTIMONY…… This is my true life story,My name is moses am from abekuta state nigeria,this is how I got my connection with a lady, I was once a bus driver in Jos and I was paid N20,000,in a month so I hardly take care of myself and I also do different kind of job to support my salary,so one faith day I was travelling to a village called Lagos so on my way driving I sight one man with a car beside the road,so on getting closer he stop me and ask me if have extra fuel for him that his own has just finish,I said ok let me draw for you from my bus so I did,so when I want move he then give me his I.D card and collected my number,so in Two week later he called to see him, then,I went there he asked me so many questions about my life,so I told him everything,so he said he has a surprise for me,that he will call me so I left,in 3days after, he called me and introduce me to a lady called Lady Diva so he left us,so the lady told me that,that man thare is an agent of sugar ladies here, and he has already tell her everything about me,and she is ready to do anything for me but on one condition I said what is that, she said if only I can be her bed mate,I said ok let me think about it, then I left,So my brothers there is no option, I have no choice I have to go back in 3days after and to her, I have agreed, so 2 month later she open a business for me she do business In china and nigeria, right now I sell different kind of motor cars she open for me, I have branch in Akure Lagos,and Abuja,so that’s is how I got my connection,so if in case you need a connection with a partner that will change your life story contact him on +2347037813724 so I believe your problems will changes to story and share a good testimony because he has done so many connection in my present, so I wonder how my life would have been for now if not for AGENT ADIM MR michael contact him on. +2347037813824..thank you all and remain bless.

• Martin Biachi Sep 28, 2016 at 7:56 pm Martin Biachi

All previous Governments should be probed including the sitting. Not excluding Obasanjo oh !!

• Martin Biachi Sep 28, 2016 at 7:54 pm Martin Biachi

Lie lie everytime . Them think say Nigerians na mumu.

• Martin Biachi Sep 28, 2016 at 7:52 pm Martin Biachi

May God deliver us from this “One chance” Government and party. Ese amin.

• Martin Biachi Sep 28, 2016 at 7:51 pm Martin Biachi

That is what we call , “Dapada” in Yoruba language. They misyanned. They deliberately caused the so called recession to justify the questionable sale of selected National assets. Who are the corrupt citizens now. Change should start from the Government. We call the act , “Ole” or barawo.

• Abubakar Abdullahi Sep 28, 2016 at 7:48 pm Abubakar Abdullahi

• Marcel Uchenna Sep 28, 2016 at 7:45 pm Marcel Uchenna

U-turn for what?-well, they will come with another agenda.

• Charly Austine Sep 28, 2016 at 7:37 pm Charly Austine

They always take action before planning this is a kind of try and error system of government

• Ndubuisi Umoro Sep 28, 2016 at 7:27 pm Ndubuisi Umoro

Confused government

• Destiny Cj Sep 28, 2016 at 7:26 pm Destiny Cj

Thanks to God ,,FG only wanted to sell our assests to dangote companies ano other private companies,,,so that only majority side will always have the upper hands,,,hause and yoruba wicked die,,,

• Sep 29, 2016 at 12:13 pm Yiinka

I pray for overwhelming wisdoms over our leaders to lead us out of this economy’s declinment of all sectors.
      Though It never an easy task but in solidarity with one of the senator’s call for review of policy that makes investment seem too risk to attempt. President should please make a good policy that will attract investors with high degree of feasibility. Many are been scared away with prob attractive nature of new investment.
      It only a folk that will disput the williness of the president for the greatness of our dear country.

Comments are closed.