Buhari Under Attack Over Lack Of Intelligence On Chibok Girls | Independent Newspapers Limited
Newsletter subscribe

News, Slider

Buhari Under Attack Over Lack Of Intelligence On Chibok Girls

Posted: Dec 31, 2015 at 10:41 am   /   by   /   comments (0)
Muhammadu BuhariFollowing statement credited to the President, Muhammadu Buhari, that there was no credible information on location of the over 200 missing Chibok girls, convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Group (BBOG), Oby Ezekweseli on Thursday condemned insincerity of the President.
Ezekwesili said  ?seven months after the new government came to power, the girls remained missing.
Buhari, during a meeting with families and BBOG assured the concerned individuals that the Federal Government will do anything possible to get back the girls.
The fate of more than 200 Chibok girls, who have been kidnapped by the insurgents over 600 days thus remained uncertain.
During the maiden Presidential Media Chat? on Wednesday December 30 in Abuja, the President spoke on major issues affecting the people including insecurity and missing Chibok girls.
Buhari stated that there was no reliable intelligence on the condition and location of the Chibok ?girls.
He also disclosed the possibility of banning Hijab usage if terrorism continues.
Former Chief of Army Staff, Alex Badeh during President Goodluck Jonathan administration had earlier stated that the Chibok girls have been sighted but the military were been careful not to engage lethal force to ensure safe arrival of the missing girls.
Condemning governments lukewarm, Ezekwesili stated that, “It is a fact that 219 children of Nigerians disappeared while all of us are still alive and we moved on with life as if it were normal.
“The only way you can avoid a tragedy of this kind in a society is to say never again, by placing on yourself the necessity to declare that it is an abomination unacceptable to living beings of that society and it is the government that has that responsibility.
“I speak on behalf of the BBOG movement to say we will expect much more than what we have heard.”
Reacting to insinuations that ?13 of the missing girls might have been used for suicide bombing, the former Education Minister emphasised it was incomprehensible.
According to her, ?she queried if anyone could say that to parents of the missing girls.
“Anyone who followed me on the chibok girls ?will know that 15th of April was when the news broke and it broke on my twitter timeline through the BBC report.
“When I saw it, I said to them, is this verified? The next thing was this story of over 200 girls abducted can it possibly be true? I hope it is not true.
“From that 15th April, I spent lot of my time probing, trying to call attention because I was guided how I felt terrible that 59 young men have 2 months earlier been ?slaughtered, burnt and the shared remains were put in a video clip and sent around to traumatise our citizens,” she added.
.Source: 247Ureports